Compilers and Operating Systems -- January 17. 1995.
These slides are from a panel session at the 1995 ARPA San Diego PI meeting.
- Panel overview
- Bershad's overview of the panel and the reasons for pulling it together.
Contains several "hidden messages."
- Larry Peterson talks about program and system specialization in Scout.
- Specialization in Synthetix
- Calton Pu's presentation of the Synthetix Operating Systems.
- Dynamic Code Generation at UW
- Susan Eggers' presentation of DCG at UW
- Software fault isolation at CMU
- Steve Lucco speaks on software fault isolation.
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Slide 3
- Next talk: Postscript page isolation -- a technology for increasing
- Peter Lee speaks on modularity and ML.
- Parallel irregular datastructures (No Slides)
- Joel Saltz tells about how to compiler for irregular parallal structures.
- Portable Parallel Programming (No slides)
- David Wood talks abvout Typhoon.